A company that has lived and breathed the food and beverage industry since 1956.
A new beginning
Bruno Cultrera, along with his family, migrated to Australia by ship from Sicily, Italy in 1953. The inspiration of our blue logo stems from Bruno and his family spending over 30 days at sea on their journey to Melbourne, Australia.
Developing a genuine passion for food
As a 16-year-old, Bruno commenced work with his father at their grocery store on Wellington Street, Collingwood. Dealing with suppliers and customers daily, Bruno developed a passion for food – and putting smiles on the faces of customers! The idea of becoming a food & beverage wholesaler was born.
Establishing Bruno Coffee
Armed with a £5000 overdraft, Bruno established ‘Bruno Coffee’ at the age of 18. He purchased a van and began selling coffee, oil, pasta and packaged goods to Italian grocery stores and cafes across Melbourne.
Bruno Coffee becomes Bruno Distributors Pty Ltd
With a core focus on delivering exceptional customer service and value, Bruno Coffee became Bruno Distributors Pty Ltd, resulting in the expansion into its renowned Lygon Street warehouse in 1975. From there, Bruno went abroad and began importing fine food and beverage products to provide Australians a taste of Italy.
Good fortune & persistence
In 1995, Bruno Distributors secured the sole distribution rights of Europe’s number one mineral water brand, San Pellegrino. With a global brand, came high expectations to meet and exceed the demand for San Pellegrino across Victoria, Australia.
Growth & opportunities
With a focus on providing exceptional customer service, Bruno Distributors continued to service new and existing customers across Victoria, whilst growing and marketing the global brand of San Pellegrino. With continued growth, Bruno also established new partnerships with various Italian brands.
Expanding from Lygon Street Brunswick to Pascoe Vale
With a global network of premium brands, the Company was importing over 1500 containers per year of fine food and beverage. This resulted in the rebrand from Bruno Distributors to Bruno Fine Foods and Distribution and the relocation to its current 6,000 square metre premise in Pascoe Vale.